AVORTEC Support - Power Up With the Best
Avortec provides service and support for all our professional grade tools, TIG Welders, Plasma Cutters, Portable Generators and air compressors.
We are also a leader in Alternative Power Units - APUs for OTR Trucking applications where reduced idling is required while providing full air conditioning and A/C power.
Register Your Product Here!
Registration - Please register for warranty, product updates,
manuals, access to new products and accessories. (CLICK HERE TO
Repairs And Maintenance
Contact a sales representative for service on your product.
Please provide the model number.
We offer installation and support at our facility in Michigan. Please call us to setup a time for installation of your generator or APU.
Please call us for installation or setup questions on any of your AVORTEC products.
Please contact a sales representative for product information or brochures.
Product Manuals And Quickstart Guides
Please contact a sales representative for a replacement manual or
NEW MANUALS ARE AVAILABLE. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR A NEW MANUAL.
Basic Quickstart Guide - XC50 Plasma Cutter
- Open the box - Unpack your components
- Mount the air filter/pressure regulator valve on the back of the unit
- Attach a standard compressed air supply line IN quick connect from your air compressor and the air OUT tube to the Air Filter Pressure Regulator
- Attach the cables and plasma torch to the front of the machine.
NOTE DO NOT POWER ON UNIT UNTIL ALL CABLES ARE ATTACHED.
- Attach Ground Clamp to work piece
- CAUTION!: Tighten all plasma torch components before use.
- Check for the correct 220V/50AMP power plugs and outlets for your device.
SEE 220V WIRING DIAGRAM. 2 (+), and 1 (-)Plug when wiring your plug.
Plug-In The Unit.
CONTACT A LICENSED ELECTRICIAN TO INSTALL PROPER 220V/50AMP Outlet.
- Turn on the device by pressing the POWER ON button on the front control panel.
- Adjust air pressure to 25-45psi with the up/down arrow on the front control panel.
- CAUTION!: Make sure to wear protective gloves, shoes and clothing. A certified welding mask must be worn to protect your eyes and face from UV light and possible sparks.
- Turn on the Torch - Ignite the torch (push the button on the torch handle)
- Turn off the Torch - Release the button on the torch handle to turn it off.
- Turn off the device by pressing the POWER OFF button on the front control panel when finished.
Why buy a TIG Welder?
- It can weld the most metals and provide a superior strength and higher quality weld than ARC or MIG.
- What kinds of metals can you weld with a TIG welder (DC)?
- Steel, Stainless Steel, Cast Iron, Titanium are easy to weld with a DC TIG like the AV3X.
- NOTE: With an AC/DC TIG it is possible to weld Aluminum also. The surface must not be oxidized.
- Does AVORTEC offer an MIG Wire Feed Welder for welding aluminum as well as steel?
- AVORTEC AV250 MIG Welder provides MIG welding of steel and aluminum up to 3/4" in a single pass. And 1" with proper technique.
- Does AVORTEC offer an AC/DC TIG for welding aluminum as well as steel?
- AVORTEC AVA200X AC/DC TIG Welder provides both AC TIG welding and DC TIG welding in single machine.
- Why do I need an AC/DC TIG for welding aluminum?
- AVORTEC AVA200X AC/DC TIG Welder will remove the oxidation layer that is present on Aluminum and to do this our welder uses special pulses to clear away the upper surface while providing a superior quality High strenth TIG weld. No other manufacturers unit does what ours does at this price and performance range. Ask for a demo we will most likely KICK THIER ASS.
- What's max - min thickness of the metals for the AV3X TIGs best performance?
- We recommend .015 sheet metal to 1/4" metals for maximum performance. The TIG can weld thinner .01 gauge sheet metals but it is difficult and requires some skill. You can weld 3/8", 1/2" and 5/8" with the right process as it might require v-groove and filler material of the base metal.
- Does the plasma cutter require an Oxygen tank to cut metal?
- No. The plasma cutter only requires compressed air from an air compressor. This provides and endless supply of air and saves you money.
- The TIG welder uses Argon gas?
- Yes Argon is the only gas required for TIG welding. CO2 can be substituted if cost is a factor.
- What type of power do I need to run this machine (model AV3X, AV5X, XC50, MIG250, and AVA200X)?
- Each machine is a 220V/240V 50A device. It requires a 220V/240V power outlet on a 50A breaker. Single phase. Please contact a licensed electrician if you need help installing the correct outlet plug. A 220V 50A male plug is available from AVORTEC.com - see accessories.
- Do I need a welding cart with avortec welders or plasma cutters?
- Yes you should protect your unit from damage with a cart. The unit will sit inside the cart on a shelf which protects it from accidental damage. The cart also eases mobility while welding and provides and excellent storage rack for all the cables and tools used when welding.